Monday, October 19, 2009

17thOct: Travel & Food >> Ipoh, Perak


Taking a break time from my stress time and head out of Penang for some food. Best next door neighbor to Penang is Perak, well know for their Chinese tradition biscuits, white coffee, Steam White Chicken, Salted Chicken and many more.
But when I arrived there, I was introduce to this mee. It's called PAN MEE, you can order it dry or with soup. The dry Pan Mee was up to my liking compare to the soup one. Nice texture, smell appetizing and for the price you pay for is very worth it. Into the taste, very nice favourable taste, not so top notch but it's good. Not over salty among other flavour. The Pan Mee also have those crunchy feel of one kind ingredients that like crackers in it. Not so oily also.

The next one I order by accident cause I though their spring roll will be like very small/medium size but it look to me that I was wrong about it. I order 2 rolls and to my surprise it was kinda big and quiet value for you $$.

Nice smell of the fresh vegetables inside the spring rolls, Was quiet hot when I have it in my mouth and the aroma was appetizing with the many flavour bursting inside my mouth. The ingredients were well balance and it was a nice feeling eating it. Shockingly, inside the spring rolls have those crunchy crackers also. It's kinda nice, you need try it for your self.




I also order some local Ipoh kuih-muih for desserts. There's the black sesame seed kuih which is nice but a bit sweet for me. The noodle cake that looks like the Yam Rice cake, which is a bit disappointing due to it's really tasteless. As for the pastery you see there in the picture, it is a compact chicken pie which have quiet many flavour taste out from the inside ingredients. The chicken pie is the most tasty item among all and it's kinda very full after eating it by it self .
Well the journey for food in Ipoh was a rush and it is all done within 1 day. Oh..the place to try out this delight is just directly off the Highway, you need to cut into Ipoh throught the way to Jusco and Tesco. The kopitiam is located at teh row of shop lots directly behind Petronas station.

No comments: